Northeast Conference on the Science of PFAS: Public Health & the Environment
March 31, 2020
NEWMOA has partnered with the Northeast Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission (NEIWPCC), the Northeast States for Coordinated Air Use Management (NESCAUM), the Northeast Recycling Council (NERC), and others to organize the Northeast Conference on the Science of PFAS: Public Health & the Environment.
The goals of the conference are:
- Ensure that local, state, and federal action to address PFAS contamination is informed by the most current and reliable science
- Facilitate networking and information-sharing among key stakeholders on PFAS topics
- Identify important gaps in the science and policy to help inform future research
The conference organizers expect conference attendance to be approximately 400 people, including:
- Local, state, and federal government officials
- Academic researchers and students
- Consultants and vendors
- Companies that use, make, or sell products that contain PFAS
- Non-governmental and environmental organizations
The conference will include plenary and concurrent sessions and an exhibit and poster area. The concurrent sessions are anticipated to cover these suggested topics:
- Health Impacts & Environmental Behavior
- Treatment, Remediation, & Disposal
- PFAS Uses & Alternatives
- Environmental Sampling & Analysis
There will be ample time during the breaks to allow for networking and exhibit and poster viewing.
For additional details and a call for presenters, posters, and sponsors visit the conference website here.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Sheraton Framingham Hotel and Conference Center
1657 Worcester Road