Northeastern University's 2022 PFAS Conference
June 1, 2022
Wilmington, North Carolina
In 2017 and 2019, we came together in Boston as scientists, community advocates, government officials, journalists, attorneys, and more to discuss cutting-edge PFAS topics. Due to COVID-19, we will not meet in 2021…
In June of 2022, we plan to gather in Wilmington, NC to discuss PFAS developments from the previous three years. This gathering will bring together research, community, and legislation perspectives to discuss how best to address PFAS contamination.
We will post updates on this website as the conference date nears.
At This Conference, We Will…
- Highlight local community perspectives and global impacts of PFAS
- Continue collaborative conversations that bring together cutting-edge scientific discoveries with complex social and political contexts of impacted communities that are often marginalized and underserved
- Identify the best methods to share findings and ensure ongoing communication between researchers, PFAS sectors, and impacted communities
- Share information and resources to respond to the needs identified by impacted communities and other diverse PFAS sectors
- Strengthen existing and establish new collaborations between scientists, communities, political and public sectors to encourage coordinated and solution-based approaches to prevent future PFAS contamination and exposure-related health risks
Hosted by: BuxMont Coaltion for Safer Water, Cape Fear River Watch, Clean Cape Fear, Community Action Works, Harvard University, Michigan State University, NAACP, NC Department of Health and Human Services, NC State University, North Carolina Coastal Federation, Northeastern University, NTP/NIEHS, Silent Spring Institute, Testing for Pease, University of Rhode Island, ISEPA, and Whitman College