[Public comment] Washington State Draft Report to the Legislature: Safer Products
January 29, 2020
The draft report to be submitted to the legislature by June 1, 2020 identifies the following priority products:
- Carpet and aftermarket carpet treatments containing PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances).
- Vinyl flooring and cosmetic fragrances containing phthalates.
- Laundry detergent, thermal paper, and food cans containing phenolic compounds.
- Printing inks containing PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls).
- Electric and electronic equipment containing organohalogen flame retardants and flame retardants identified in RCW 70.240.010.
Comment period ends on March 2, 2020.
A webinar is scheduled for February 19, 2020