[Peer-review] Draft NTP Technical Reports on Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of HMB and PFOA
December 12, 2019
National Toxicology Program (NTP) is holding a peer-review of two draft Technical Reports on toxicology and carcinogenesis studies for the following substances: 2-Hydroxy-4-methoxybenzophenone (HMB) and Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA). Fed. Reg. 84(198): pages 54908-54909, Oct. 11, 2019.
- NTP technical report on PFOA is available here
- Federal Register notice, agenda, registration, meeting and other information are available on the Upcoming Expert Panels page
- Nov. 20, 2019 is the deadline for written public comment submissions
- Dec. 3, 2019 is the deadline for oral comment registration
- Dec. 12, 2019 is the deadline for registration to view webcast. Registration is required to view the meeting via the webcast.
- Webcast: Dec. 12, 2019 at 10 AM Eastern and continues until adjournment.
- TR-598: Technical Report Pathology Tables and Curves Pathology Tables, Survival and Growth Curves from NTP General Study Information and Long-Term Studies (link)
- The PFOA carcinogenicity study is notable in that it is the basis of the California EPA recommendation of a PFOA Drinking Water Notification Level of 0.1 ng/L, based on incidence of liver and pancreatic tumors at the one in one million risk level (link)