New Zealand: Consulting on further restrictions on firefighting foams containing PFAS
September 21, 2019
- New Zealand Environmental Protection Authority. 2019. Proposal to amend the Fire Fighting Chemicals Group Standard 2017. (link)
- This group standard regulates the import, manufacture, use, storage and disposal of firefighting chemicals. It currently prohibits firefighting foams containing PFOS and PFOA.
- The proposed amendments add further restrictions on firefighting foams containing fluorinated organic compounds (PFAS chemicals).
- Comments due: Monday, December 2, 2019 at 5 PM New Zealand | Sunday, 1 December, 2019 at 8 PM Pacific (link)
- New Zealand Environmental Protection Authority's notification to the WTO of its intentions, September 26, 2019. (link)